Technical Data and Specs
Product technical requirements & specifications
The Altech Netstar products are designed and manufactured to ensure that they meet the following rigorous requirements:
- Our products must not interfere with the host vehicle's electronics, such as on-board computers and electronic safety equipment, nor must it interfere with any other operational aspects of the vehicle.
- Products must be able to withstand the operational conditions of the harsh South African environment.
- Our products are adapted regularly to counter the modus operandi of criminals.
To achieve these objectives, Altech Netstar's products are submitted to a variety of internationally accepted tests, and are certificated to ensure that they comply with these standards.
Automotive electrical & electromagnetic compatibility
- International Standard Organisation (ISO) 7637 - Electrical disturbance by conducting and coupling.
- International Standard Organisation (ISO) TR 10605 - Electrical disturbance from electrostatic discharges.
- IEC 95/54/EC - Radio interference and susceptibility to radio interference.
- Basic environmental testing procedures to IEC 68-2-29
- Vibration to IEC 68-2-47
- Shocks and bumps to IEC 68 part 2-27
- Temperature, humidity to IEC 68 Part 2-3
All products are manufactured in SA, to ISO9002, and incoming inspection sampling to Mil Std 105D at an AQL of 0.5%. Altech Netstar's products have been sold in the South African market since 1994, and have proven that they are robust, long-lasting, and do not interfere with vehicle electronics.